Textile designing is a great career choice for artistic and creative personalities. Artists embrace new challenges which lead them to newer opportunities and technologies to produce more innovative and creative solutions in the field of their expertise. There are a lot of opportunities in the textile industry and the demand for an expert keeps on increasing at a drastic rate. Some of the booming job opportunities in textile designing include:
- Garment Technologist: Garment technologists are responsible for supervising the overall process of garment production from design to manufacture. They research and select the required fabric considering budget while working alongside buyers, designers, and pattern cutters.
- Fashion Buyer: A fashion buyer focuses on the target audience and oversees the development of clothes considering the particular markets and price range. The responsibilities may differ in response to the size of the organization. They typically work with the fashion designers, merchandising team, and department managers to decide on the right choices for the final products. They visualize the profits and device strategies for spending and gaining.
- Pattern Cutter: The experts in this domain possesses excellent craftsmanship qualities. A pattern cutter creates patterns based on the fashion designer’s drawings to prepare sample clothes. These patterns are then refined to produce a clothing line. They use both hand-made as well as computer-based software for detail-oriented pieces of art.
- Home furnishings textile artist: Home furnishings textile artists developing design collections based on buyer requirements, seasons, and latest trends. They work under tight deadlines by updating their clients with presentations, ideas, and new concepts to merge their craftsmanship with their client’s requirements.
- Apparel manufacturer: Apparel manufacturers supervise the manufacturing plants and industries to maximize efficiency and production. They oversee multiple departments including the shipping of the final product, troubleshooting mechanical problems, smooth flow of the numerous production stages, and meet the shipment deadlines.
- Fashion Consultant: The professionals in this job role advise customers to make big fashion decisions. They recommend colors, outfits, styles, palettes, and fabrics in coordinator with the latest trends and fashion protocols. They understand the client’s needs and try to personalize their suggestions through their customized aesthetic preferences. They design products while considering body type, occasion, and the price range for their customers.
- Textile illustrator: An illustrator focuses on design patterns and the basic fashion elements in fashion magazine artwork, clothing lines, footwear, and catalogs. They create illustrations by combining fashion and art for different purposes. Digital software illustration tools are widely used to showcase their talents.
There are multiple job opportunities that one can avail after pursuing a qualification in fashion and textile including fashion designing, freelance textile artist, product development for interior designing, fashion textile designer, studio manager, strategic intervener, innovative design consultant, color and design consultant, fashion stylist, personal shopper, image consultant, and textile designer. So, if you are interested in learning professional techniques to enhance your textile designing skills, then you should explore fashion and textile courses to submerge yourself in this creative industry.