In the last week, we have written about Banglalink Emergency Balance, now we are writing GP Emergency Balance Service. It is a popular Service for All Grameenphone users. During the Emergency Situation, They can activate this Service to get Balance. GP will deduct the used Emergency Balance on the Customer next Recharge.
Currently, Gramophone provides up to 200 TK as Emergency Balance. To avail the Emergency Balance, you need to dial *121*1*3# (Free of Charge). As per your Qualification, You will receive up to 200 TK in your Emergency Balance Account. You can use the Balance to Call Any Number or Send Message. You can’t use GP Emergency Balance to buy any Internet Package or Minute Bundle or Combo Bundle or any other section.
GP Emergency Balance Service Activation, Balance Check & Details:
- No subscription fee or charges are applicable for availing GP Emergency balance.
- All GP prepaid, GPPP, VP will be able to dynamic maximum Taka 200 as a dynamic emergency balance.
- Dial *121*1*3# to Activate this Service.
- Customers can use this Emergency Balance amount for any voice calls and for any SMS (including SMS to ports).
- No Incoming SMS, Monthly Subscription fee and EDGE usage will be charged from the Emergency Balance
- To know the eligible amount of GP Emergency Balance, dial *121*1010*2#.
- The emergency balance amount can be used at any time.
- The customer can only avail further emergency balance after paying the due amount
- To Check available emergency Balance, Dial *121*1*2#.
Here is a big problem with GP Emergency Balance Service. If you get Emergency Balance Service of Grameenphone, you won’t get the Balance in Main Account. Special Call Rate or Lowest Call Rate Offer doesn’t work on Grameenphone Emergency balance. So, the Emergency Balance will Charge Maximum Call rate (Default Call Rate) of Customers Current Package. You may Know that, Grameenphone All Prepaid Package Default/Regular Call Rate is too high. So, always try to recharge your Account right time. Try ignoring the GP Emergency Balance.